Sunday, May 5, 2013

Jet Setters Anonymous

Guten Tag! Tomorrow I will set off on the adventure of a lifetime. For three moths (87 days to be exact) I will be living and working in Keizerslanden Germany as an Au-pair. My job will be to take care of two darling little girls and be a "co-parent" for a military family stationed there. During the week I will explore the local city with the girls and live the life of a typical German. During the weekends I will have the opportunity to travel to different neighboring countries through a special program the Department of Defense (Dod) has.

This blog has several purpose. First for those who wish to follow my trek and keep in touch this is a good way to do so. Second since the plan is to travel to many parts of Germany as well as Europe while there I will be giving traveling advice and tidbits along the way. Finally, for my own enjoyment. Although I am far from be called a "great" writer it is one of my passions in life whenever I get the chance to share my thought on paper.

There is not a set day that I will post (it all depends on what is happening and internet access) but I will post a minimum of once a week.

On a final note interesting facts/ travel advice will be marked with a *.

*The only place to receive an international drivers licences in the USA is at AAA for $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment