Friday, June 21, 2013

Kaiserslautern Germany, Daily Life

I have now been living in Kaiserslautern for over a month and 1/2! Time sure does fly when your having fun. I feel as though I have learned so much. I realized that although I have been blogging about my trips I never spent much time to discusses my thoughts on Germany at large, the city I'm in, and the family I'm staying with. Most important the girls that I'm taking care of as an Au Pair.

I'll start with the girls. I think I have spoke a bit on my first post, but pictures are definitely needed to see their cuteness.




The oldest is Vivianna. She is 4 years old and can best be described as  ball of never ending energy. She is always ready to go go go!











The younger one is Sophia. She is a few moths shy of 2 years old. She is sweet, thoughtful, and very observant.












This picture I feels really shows their personality. We had a "photo shoot" one night, and this was my favorite picture.















This is the view from my bathroom window. I took it on one of the first mornings after arriving. The house is a three story, bright orange, German house. My room and bathroom is on the third floor.




We take walks around the block quite regularly to go on snail huts or go to the local play park. I always think it is so beautiful, every time we round the corner to go down the hill we can see a nearby church steeple. That's one thing I still can't get over about all of Europe. There are always random, beautiful churches, cathedrals, or castles everywhere you go it seems.








This is one of my favorite photos. On the way to the nearby outlet malls, on a rainy day, a beautiful rainbow came out over a little German village.








Germany is such a beautiful place. The people here are so environmentally conscious. It make me want to be a part of DoDEA when I graduate all the more. Working as a civilian with the military seems like the perfect job for me and the more I find out the more I want to move here! The possibilities seem endless and things I never even dreamed of seem to be a reality here as far as job opportunities.

Now some about the town. The town is comprised of 150,000 people (for me a good size town)! 50,000 of the people residing in the town are American's that work with the military in some way. Kaiserslautern holds the largest population of American's outside of the United States itself. So it makes it very easy for someone who doesn't know German, such as myself to get around the town and do things. People here are very nice and accepting of people of different cultures and languages.

I can't wait to finish out my stay here, and travels to nearby towns and countries. I am having such an amazing and life changing time. I could have never imagined how much I would have fallen in love with living here, among such a beautiful country and people.




No comments:

Post a Comment